Friday, August 22, 2008

Removing Line Breaks with Dreamweaver

Well my last post took me forever to post. It seems blogger is dumb even in HTML code and takes line breaks literally... ? Meaning every line break was treated like one, even in HTML mode, which doesn't make any sense.

So I searched online and found out how to remove them with Dreamweaver. Its pretty cool. This is the process:
  1. Open a document,
  2. Click inside Code View,
  3. Create an empty line,
  4. Left-click in the margin on the left hand-side of that empty line (it should turn black on Windows, blue on Mac),
  5. Select Menu > Edit > Find and Replace (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + F),
  6. Select an option in the "Find in:" dropdown box,
  7. Select "Replace All" and you're done.

The source of this was here: http://www.tjkdesign.com/articles/whitespace.asp

Really really helpful! I'm sure I'll use it again.

No comments: